10 December 2022

Jonas Göser

Jonas Göser - LMU München

1. Briefly describe your current position/project, research focus, and your role within MCQST.

I am a PHD researcher in the group of Prof. Dr. Alexander Högele at the LMU. As the Nanophotonics group, we study light-matter interaction in nanoscopic systems. In my case, two-dimensional Transition-Metal Dichalcogenides offer a unique platform to realize excited quantum states of matter (such as excitons) and to study their interactions and correlation phenomena. My work comprises the full spectrum of sample fabrication from crystal growth to device fabrication, as well as subsequent optical spectroscopy down to low temperatures.

Goeser_Jonas

2. You were a participant in this year's Diversity in Leadership program. What was that experience like, and what did you learn about?

Participating in the talks and workshops of the Diversity in Leadership program was a great experience. The events are an excellent addition to the otherwise theoretical and technical day-to-day work in the lab, provoking to think critically about behavioral patterns. Personally, I learned a lot about various leadership skills and methods to foster a healthy working environment.

3. Are you cooking or baking anything for the holidays?

I will surely attempt to bake a special German Christmas cake (Gewürzschnitten) which is famous in my family. But every year it’s the same: even though I use the same recipe as my grandma, I am not able to reproduce her delicious results.

The events [in the Diversity in Leadership program] are an excellent addition to the otherwise theoretical and technical day-to-day work in the lab, provoking to think critically about behavioral patterns.

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top