21 December 2023

Xenia Gunther

Xenia Gunther - Bauhaus Universität Weimar

1. Briefly describe your current position/project and your connection to MCQST.

Hello, my name is Xenia, and I am a student at Bauhaus in Weimar. As part of an exciting project called "Story of Science," BUW students are collaborating with MCQST. In this project, we aim to make the scientific concepts of quantum physics accessible to a wide audience through visual storytelling. Currently, I am working with a team of scientists and artists on a 360-degree full dome project that seeks to provide insights into the world of quantum computing.

21_gunther_xenia_MCQST_ADVENT_XG

2. Being part of this collaboration between Bauhaus and MCQST, what has been your personal highlight so far?

Due to the project, we visited MCQST in November. This experience not only opened my eyes and ears to the field of quantum physics but also exposed me to an unconventional way of learning. What I found fascinating is that there are currently no quantum computers, and research in this field can be incredibly nerdy and really artistic too.

The interdisciplinary exchange and the exploration of incredibly novel realms are truly fascinating. I am deeply grateful that MCQST opens its doors so widely and is willing to collaborate with artists.

3. What is the coolest project you have worked on and why?

To be honest, this is by far the coolest project I have had the opportunity to work on. The interdisciplinary exchange and the exploration of incredibly novel realms are truly fascinating. I am deeply grateful that MCQST opens its doors so widely and is willing to collaborate with artists. Through this project, I am discovering entirely new dimensions of thinking, and I am immensely excited about the tools and possibilities available to researchers. I hope that the world of the full dome can serve as a fantastic platform for disseminating knowledge in the field of quantum physics. Thank you a lot. Xo - Xenia :))

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top