12 December 2023

Dasha Biletska

Dasha Biletska - Master in QST

1. Briefly describe your current position/project, research focus, and your role within MCQST.

I am a first-year student of the QST Master Program and an awardee of the MQV Masters Fellowships for excellent female QST-students. I am currently not working, but am a new member of PushQuantum and am taking on every opportunity to be an active part of social and scientific community of QST.

12._IMG_20231123_173021_edited

2. You were in the summer student program in 2022 and are now beginning the Master's in QST Program. How was your experience in the summer program, and what made you want to come back to Munich?

The MCQST Summer Program played a huge role in my decision to continue working in the QST field. It showed me the possibilities of staying here in Munich, the mindblowing labs in the MPQ and WMI, and the lectures we had showed the difference between approaches to education. Also, I still keep in touch with most of our cohort and developed a very close friendship with a couple of people, so you could call it the beginning of my very own international quantum network :). To summarize, summer program gave me the motivational push I needed after a very hard year to not give up and get into QST Master Program.

The summer program gave me the motivational push I needed after a very hard year to not give up and get into QST Master Program.

3. Are you cooking or baking anything for the holidays?

Baking is a huge part of my relationship with my mom and since Christmas is a family holiday we bake not one, but two special dishes. The first one is Stollen, a German Christmas bread that we baked even before I ever thought of coming to Germany. And the second one is croquembouche which is basically a tower of cream puffs with coloured tops glued together with caramel. Last year tops were blue and yellow as a symbol of solidarity with Ukraine (my home country) and this year we're thinking of doing blue, white and black to celebrate my first step into the QST community!

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top