11 December 2023

Mirco Troue

Mirco Troue - Walter Schottky Institute, TUM

1. Briefly describe your current position/project, research focus, and your role within MCQST.

Since joining the MCQST community in 2021, my academic journey has been centered around pursuing a Ph.D. at the Chair of Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials. Here, our focus is on the profound exploration of quantum phenomena existing in two-dimensional materials, contributing to the cutting-edge field of nanoscience. It's been a captivating journey immersed in fundamental research, where each day presents new opportunities to unravel the mysteries of quantum science within these extraordinary materials.

Male researcher adjusting a laser set-up in a laboratory. © C. Hohmann / MCQST

2. This year you were active and present at many MCQST outreach activities (for which we are very grateful). What motivates you to do outreach? Why is science communication important for you?

I am passionate about science outreach because making complex scientific concepts accessible is crucial for fostering public understanding and support. Quantum science, in particular, is an intricate field with profound implications for technology and society. By engaging in outreach activities, I aim to demystify quantum concepts, share the excitement of our research, and inspire the next generation of scientists and enthusiasts. Science communication is essential for breaking down barriers and ensuring that the broader community can appreciate the significance of quantum advancements.

By engaging in outreach activities, I aim to demystify quantum concepts, share the excitement of our research, and inspire the next generation of scientists and enthusiasts.

3. Are you cooking or baking anything for the holidays?

Yes, I'll be baking some delicious cookies for the holidays. It has become a tradition for me and my colleagues to come together and enjoy a festive baking session. We find it a delightful way to celebrate the holiday spirit and an excellent opportunity to strengthen our team bonds outside the laboratory. The aroma of freshly baked cookies adds warmth to the season, and it's a joyous way to share some festive cheer with those I work closely with.

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top