3 December 2022

Tirtha Som

Tirtha Som - Munich Quantum Valley

1. Briefly describe your current position and relation to MCQST.

I joined the Munich Quantum Valley (MQV) office as the Scientific Manager in April of this year. The initial web presence and public face of MQV have been developed by MCQST. I am gradually getting to know the MCQST colleagues. Sharing a booth with them at the World of Quantum event this year at Munich Messe and the Forscha Science Day event at the Transport Museum (Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum) have been fantastic.

3_tirtha_cubes

2. What does a typical work day look like for you?

It is a little challenging to describe a typical working day as the activities are multifaceted. The prioritization of the tasks depends on the set deadlines – the urgency and importance. Some activities include monitoring the project progress, writing reports, consolidating reports from the MQV consortia for different committees, attending meetings, and supporting my colleagues in organizing various events. As the scientific manager, my role also involves communicating with the consortia within MQV and establishing a good working relationship with them, studying the scientific literature to solidify my concepts and be familiar with the existing state of the art of quantum computing in an international context.

Hopefully, this time I might get to enjoy the best of both worlds – have all the pastries, Glühwein, and gingerbread spiced to perfection at the Christmas Markets in Germany and then enjoy a milder winter in India with authentic and delicious Indian cuisine.

3. What are your plans for the holidays?

This year, I look forward to traveling to India to visit my parents. Hopefully, this time I might get to enjoy the best of both worlds – have all the pastries, Glühwein, and gingerbread spiced to perfection at the Christmas Markets in Germany and then enjoy a milder winter in India with authentic and delicious Indian cuisine.

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top