2 December 2020

Linda Qerimi

Linda Qerimi - PhotonLab

1. Briefly describe your current position and responsibilities within the PhotonLab.

I am a working student and responsible for creating a flipped classroom in cooperation with my other colleagues. The goal is, that the students work independently at home (self-learning phase) with the carefully chosen material that we provide, and then apply it while visiting the PhotonLab. One part of this program is to create “silent videos”, where the experiments from the Llab are filmed and the students must fill in the correct description using their own words. The goal is to create a digital PhotonLab. I think the PhotonLab is an important tool for teaching, which is why I enjoy working for it.

2. How does a typical workday looks like for you?

In the morning, we discuss our tasks with the team. After that, I communicate the tasks to my other two colleagues, who work online. Technical implementation of H5P is my main task which includes the didactic preparation of the material along with the learning goals. I also enjoy working on the quantum random number generator, an experiment that I myself set up at the PhotonLab for school students.

3. What has been the biggest challenge you faced so far?

The technical implementation of interactive learning content on H5P and Moodle/Mebis. As I was working alone, I found it challenging to tackle all the problems (very quickly) by myself. It was difficult, but quite interesting.

4. Tell us a little about the current projects your are developing for the PhotonLab.

Unfortunately, no students are currently allowed in the PhotonLab. Silke Stähler-Schöpf´s idea was to create a digital PhotonLab.

We are using different tools for the digital implementation: the 3D-world (Z-Reality) and the interactive tool (H5P/Moodle/Mebis) are now made available to the students.

H5P is a free open source software for creating interactive (learning) content for the web. It is very easy to show physical content in a simplified manner with H5P through different tools such as videos, articles, links, animations etc. It allows us to create an active learning experience of the presented content. Self-assessment tests make the learning process very effective and show the teachers how much the students have mastered. To know whether our idea is sound, we tested it with almost 50 students and have received a lot of positive feedback so far.

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top