9 December 2023

Mariia Kuzina

Mariia Kuzina - Munich Quantum Valley

1. Briefly describe your current position/project, research focus, and your role within MCQST.

I started at LMU in October 2023, as a program coordinator of "Quantum Science and Technology – Education in Bavaria". In this role, I am coordinating initiatives for doctoral candidates and bridging several student hubs of Munich Quantum Valley, including MCQST and Max Planck IMPRS programs. My goal in this position is to help Munich Quantum Valley PhD community run smoothly, grow, and develop. In the MCQST team I am closely working with Dr. Tatjana Wilk and Prof. Jan von Delft.

9._IMG_6965

2. What future projects are you most excited about?

I am very excited about coordinating the Munich Quantum Alumni program, where I want to bring together the broad community of quantum researchers in Bavaria. Building communities, creating useful content, and organizing events for them has recently become one of my favorite tasks.

Building communities, creating useful content, and organizing events for them has recently become one of my favourite tasks.

3. Do you have any special or unique holiday traditions?

Every year since I've moved to Germany for my PhD, I organize a Christmas or New Year's Eve "expats' dinner", to give a warm welcome and a place to be for those who miss their families and friends at home. I hope, each of you has close ones around this year! If not, you know who to contact :)

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top