13 December 2022

Varun Seshadri

Varun Seshadri - TU Munich

1. Briefly describe your current position/project, research focus, and your role within MCQST.

Currently, I'm focusing my Master Thesis on Tensor Network methods for Quantum Error Correction with Prof. Dr. Christian Mendl and Prof. Dr. Alexandru Paler. Concurrently, I am a part-time Research Software Engineer focussed in fault tolerance and quantum error correction at a stealth quantum computing startup.

Seshadri_Varun

2. What motivated you to join the Master in QST program, and how is your experience so far?

I came to TU Munich on an exchange program during my undergrad in October 2019. That semester I was attending a course from Prof. Kai Muller, during which I found out about this Master's degree. During my exchange year, I witnessed the growth of a quantum community in Munich which convinced me to stay for my Masters. Growing up in a tech-dominated household, I was always surrounded by different computing and communication advances and even built a couple of computers on my own. What excites me about MCQST is that I can be at the forefront of research in a novel paradigm of computing and expand my grasp of computing further.

3. What current projects are you most excited about?

I’m unable to choose a single project that excites me.The variance of tools and techniques I encounter and use on a daily basis both in my job and my thesis is a testament to the interesting problems QST has to offer. A typical day has me thinking about many-body physics and QEC Theory for my thesis, scalable software development in my job, benchmarks for the lattice surgery compiler, and chemistry-informed recipe generation for a fun project I’m doing with my friends. This is truly fun.

I am contesting to be Vice President of PushQuantum in the elections next week. I do hope I get elected and engage with the larger quantum community in Munich more often.

I was always surrounded by different computing and communication advances and even built a couple of computers on my own. What excites me about MCQST is that I can be at the forefront of research in a novel paradigm of computing and expand my grasp of computing further.

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top