11 November 2020
- 12 November 2020
from 14:00 to 18:00
A networking event for the Quantum Alliance community.
Address / Location
Networking event for the Quantum Science Community in Germany
Quantum Alliance Community Event
The event brings together PhDs and PostDocs from the quantum research clusters and centers within the Quantum Alliance. It aims to give participants the chance to get an overview of the broad scope of quantum research in Germany and to provide a platform for networking and exchange with their peers.
Some of the program highlights include short introductions of the Quantum Alliance clusters and centers, virtual poster sessions, speed-networking, a fun quantum quiz, and exciting prizes.
11 November 2020
14:00 Introduction of the Quantum Alliance clusters and centers
15:00 Speed networking
15:50 Poster teasers „elevator- pitch“ (part 1 – posters with odd numbers)
16:20 Poster session (all posters)
17:30 Online Quantum-Quiz
12 November 2020
14:00 Poster teasers „elevator- pitch“ (part 2 – posters with even numbers)
14:30 Poster session
16:45 Speed networking
17:15 Closing session
New registration deadline: 25 October 2020
Virtual Event Platform
The virtual platform is designed to facilitate scientific exchange, with a strong focus on networking, and to help host poster sessions online.
The platform offers two spaces:
- A 3D environment featuring an auditorium for live talks, poster galleries where posters are displayed on virtual walls, an exhibition area where you can find out more about the Quantum Alliance and the participating cluster/centers though various media on display.
- The 2D space features the same auditorium, a networking area with dedicated rountables, and poster presenters have their own virtual space. This is where the networking magic happens. Once in the platform, you simply join a table and start a conversation with your peers. It is that easy.
You will also be able to switch between spaces quite easily and the platform is bowser-based, so no installation is necessary.
Virtual Poster Session
- Each cluster/center will select up to 15 of the submitted posters to participate at the event. You will be contacted directly by the office of your respective cluster/center regarding acceptance.
- After receiving the poster acceptance confirmation, submit your poster and additional media following the poster submission guidelines.
- All poster presenters will have the opportunity to present a short (one-minute) “elevator pitch” of their poster in a joint session.
Can I participate if I will not present a poster?
Yes, the event is open to all PhDs and PostDocs from the clusters and centers part of the Quantum Alliance. The focus lies on networking and bringing the quantum science community together, therefore we encourage you to join the event.
My submitted abstract was rejected. Can I still attend the event?
Yes. Even if your poster was not accepted for this event, we strongly encourage you join your peers, as you will still have the opportunity to get insight into their research and to exchange ideas.