10 May 2021
from 14:30 to 17:00
Women in QST with Stacey Jeffery - Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI).
Address / Location
The Women in QST talk series aims to regularly feature inspiring female scientists from the field of Quantum Science and Technology. Outstanding female researchers are invited to talk about their research and current projects, as well as about their career paths with the QST community.
Women in QST with Stacey Jeffery
We are excited to welcome Stacey Jeffery from the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) to join out Women in QST series on May 10th.
After the scientific talk, there will be the opportunity for women* in QST to get to know other participants from various QST research institutions and exchange ideas.
14:30-15:45 | Scientific talk with live Q&A (open to the QST Community)
15:45-16:00 | Break
16:00-17:00 | Networking & Exchange (open for female* scientists in QST)
About Stacey Jeffery
||I've been a Senior Researcher at CWI since January 2017, where my main areas of interest are quantum algorithms and cryptographic protocols, and models of quantum computation. Before that, I was an IQIM Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter (IQIM) at Caltech. I received my PhD from the University of Waterloo in 2014, where I was affiliated with the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), supervised by Michele Mosca, and informally co-advised by Frédéric Magniez.|
- With Julia Cramer, I co-founded WIQD (Women in Quantum Development), a professional network for women in all areas of quantum technology
- I was a founding editor of Quantum – the open journal for quantum science
- I am on the steering committee of QCrypt and Chair of the steering committee of TQC
- I am on the Lorentz Center Informatics Advisory board
- I am a CIFAR Fellow in the Quantum Information Science Program
Registration deadline 7 May 2021
powered by eveeno.de