25 November 2019
- 27 November 2019
We are excited to host this years' MCQST-Technion Symposium on Quantum Science and Technology.
Address / Location
Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
The MCQST-Technion Symposium on Quantum Science and Technology will take place on 25 - 27 November 2019 at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics. The event is organized by MCQST together with the Russell Berrie Nano Technology Institute (RBNI), the Helen Diller Quantum Center at Technion, and the German Technion Society (DTG). The symposium is funded by the Reinhard Frank Foundation.
The event features top international researchers working in various areas of quantum science and technology. Alongside talks that will address current topics in the field, the symposium will include MCQST lab tours for guests, a poster session and a panel discussion on platforms for quantum computing.
Monday, 25 November 2019
- 13:00 - 16:30: Labtour on the Campus in Garching at MPQ, WSI and WMI
- starting from 17:00: Poster Session with drinks and snacks
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
- 8:30 - 9:00: Opening remarks
Session 1: Quantum Metrology
- 09:00 - 09:30: Theodor W. Hänsch (LMU & MPQ)
- 09:35 - 10:05: Filippo Levi (INRIM)
Session 2: Quantum Information Theory
- 10:30 - 11:00: Ignacio Cirac (MPQ)
- 11:05 - 11:35: Robert König (TUM)
- 11:40 - 12:10: David DiVincenzo (Jülich & Aachen)
Session 3: Quantum Computing
- 13:30 - 14:00: Terry Rudolph (Imperial College London)
- 14:05 - 14:35: Shay Hacohen-Gourgy (Technion)
- 14:40 - 15:10: Ferdinand Schmidt-Kaler (Univ. Mainz)
- 15:15 - 16:15: Charlie M. Marcus (Univ. Copenhagen)
Session 4: Quantum Communication
- 16:15 - 16:45: Anton Zeilinger (IQOQI Vienna)
- 16:50 - 17:20: Gerhard Rempe (MPQ)
- 17:25 - 18:05: Jeff Steinhauer (Technion)
- 18:15 - 19:45:Panel on Platforms for Quantum Computing
Moderator: Mordechai Segev
Participants: Yehuda Naveh, Charlie M. Marcus, Ferdinand Schmidt-Kaler, Terry Rudolph, Shay Hacohen-Gourgy
- 20:00: City Tour (for visiting students) / Dinner
Wednesday, 27 November 2019
Session 5: Quantum Simulations
- 09:30 - 10:00: Monika Aidelsburger (LMU)
- 10:05 - 10:35: Manuel Endres (Caltech)
Session 6: Quantum Matter
- 10:40 - 11:10: Netanel Lindner (Technion)
- 11:15 - 11:45: Claudia Felser (MPI for Chemical Physics of Solids)
Session 7: Semiconductor Quantum Optics
- 13:15 - 13:45: David Gershoni (Technion)
- 13:50 - 14:20: Jonathan Finley (TUM)
- 14:25 - 15:05: Edo Waks (Univ. of Maryland)
- 15:10 - 15:40: Sebastian Klembt (Univ. Würzburg)
Registration for the event is now closed.
Talks & Poster Session
For symposium participants: please download and use the template below to send us your talk or poster title and abstract via email at anca.ionescu(at)mcqst.de. Deadline for abstract submission is 13 October.
Accessing the photo galleries
Please open the galleries successively by using the "load more" button, in order to see the following one.