20 September 2021
- 23 September 2021
from 09:00 to 17:00
This workshop brings together young researchers of the Center for NanoScience (CeNS) and the Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology (MCQST) with experienced scientists from the fields of physics and chemistry.
Address / Location
Venice International University
Isola di San Servolo
Bridging the Gap: Nano Meets Quantum
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in line with the directives of the local health authorities, this event has been canceled.
This workshop brings together young researchers of the Center for NanoScience (CeNS) and the Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology (MCQST) with experienced scientists from the fields of physics and chemistry. The talks of the workshop are intended to give the graduate students and post-doctoral researchers of CeNS and MCQST an overview of current research topics on nanometer-scale and quantum science.
Under the workshop title "Bridging the Gap: Nano meets Quantum", renowned scientists from all over the world will convene on the beautiful island of San Servolo to exchange ideas and to discuss their latest research progress.
The workshop takes place at the Venice International University (VIU) located on the small island "San Servolo". The island is connected to the historic center of Venice by boat No. 20. The boat ride takes 10 minutes.
- Manfred Bayer, TU Dortmund
- Dominik Bucher, TU Munich
- Peng Chen, Cornell University
- Karl Duderstadt, MPI of Biochemistry
- Sophia Economou, Virginia Tech
- Michael Hartmann, FAU Erlangen
- Rainer Hillenbrand, CIC nanoGUNE
- Gerhard Kirchmair, Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information
- Eitan Lerner, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Jian-Feng Li, Xiamen University
- Suljo Linic, University of Michigan
- Hannes Pichler, Harvard University
- Stephen Quake, Stanford University
- Simon Scheuring, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Pascale Senellart, LPN Paris
- Michael Sheetz, National University of Singapore
- Carsten Sönnichsen, Universität Mainz
- Dimitrios Stamou, University of Copenhagen
- Gary Steele, TU Delft
- Toeno van der Sar, TU Delft
- Silvia Viola-Kusminskiy, MPI for the Science of Light
- Feng Wang, UC Berkeley
Registration deadline: July 12th
The workshop will start on Monday, September 20 at 9.00 am and will end on Thursday, September 23 at 7.00 pm and will combine invited talks and poster presentations.
In addition to the talks, all participants are invited to present a poster at one of the two poster sessions taking place on Tuesday and Thursday.
Travel, accommodation, and registration fees
The program committee is composed of the following CeNS and MCQST members:
Prof. Thorben Cordes, LMU / CeNS
Prof. Emiliano Cortés, LMU / CeNS
Prof. Jonathan Finley, TUM / MCQST
Prof. Hermann Gaub, LMU/ CeNS
Prof. Hans-Gregor Hübl, TUM / MCQST
Prof. Ulrich Schollwöck, LMU / CeNS / MCQST