11 December 2022

Juan Baratech Soriano

Juan Baratech Soriano

1. Briefly describe your current position/project, research focus, and your role within MCQST.

I am a first year QST Master student and a Working Student in the Quantum Networks Group at the Max-Planck-Institute of Quantum Optics.

Juan_Baratech_Soriano

2. You were in this year's summer student program and are now beginning the Master's in QST Program. How was your experience in the summer program, and what made you want to come to Munich?

The summer student program was an amazing experience, and it reinforced me into the idea of coming to Munich to work on Quantum Science and Technology (QST). The main reason being the large number of opportunities to work in quantum, thanks to the many excellent research groups here. I think that if you have the opportunity to move abroad and want to work in QST, you should definitely consider coming to Munich. So far I think I made a very good choice by coming here.

3. What are your plans for the holidays?

For these Christmas holidays, my plans are to go back to my home in Spain and spend as much time as possible with my family and friends and enjoy some delicious homemade cooking.

I think that if you have the opportunity to move abroad and want to work in QST, you should definitely consider coming to Munich.

Accept privacy?

Scroll to top