29 August 2022
- 2 September 2022
from 09:00 to 17:00
Summer School in Mathematical Physics: rescheduled for 31 August - 2 September 2022.
Address / Location
TUM Math Department | MI lecture hall 3
Due to uncertainties related to the current coronavirus situation, the summer schools is postpone to: 29 August - 2 September, 2022. Registration, including an opportunity to apply for limited travel support, will reopen in early spring 2022. Please resubmit your application if you applied to QIMP20 and are still interested in participating in 2022.
IAMP - EMS Summer School in Mathematical Physics
Quantum information in many-body physics: a mathematical invitation
When many quantum particles interact, they can organize themselves into highly entangled states with unexpected properties that transcend those of the individual constituents. The description of those states and their properties is typically rather challenging - not only from a mathematical point of view. In the last 15 years, concepts and tools from quantum information theory (QIT) have proven highly useful in investigating such systems. This new perspective aims to characterize and classify the complexity in large quantum systems.
Conversely, many-body quantum systems provide the natural testing grounds for further ideas in QIT. Specific examples for the interplay of concepts and methods between QIT and many-body quantum systems include:
- Entanglement entropies as quantities measuring how far many-body quantum states deviate from product states.
- Tensor network representations of eigenstates of quantum spin systems as a tool to describe and establish in particular their low-energy properties.
- Classification of topologically ordered quantum phases and their link to quantum error correction codes.
- Fernando Brandão | Caltech
- David Pérez García | Madrid
- Bruno Nachtergaele | UC Davis
- Reinhard Werner | Hannover
Registration & further information
Further details, as well as the application form are available on the IAMP-EMS Summer School webpage .
Summer School Poster
Sponsors & Co-Organizers
IAMP / MCQST / TUM TopMath / IMPRS-QST / EMS / ExQM